UDUMA, how it works?
- A partnership is put in place with national and local authorities, granting UDUMA the right to operate public water services in selected areas.
- UDUMA secures funding from public and private sources to finance the upgrading of all water points.
- UDUMA undertakes a consultation process with local communities to jointly define their needs and appropriate solutions.
- Over the course of ten to fifteen years, UDUMA ensures the upkeep, maintenance and replacement of the water equipment. In order to guarantee its sustainability, this service is delivered at a fair and accessible price.
- Local pump caretakers, mechanics and sales agents receive on-the-job training.
- UDUMA ensures a maximum downtime of 72 hours in case of breakdown.